Preparing For The Fourth Dream!
#11: Final Update
Watch DREAM.4 live on HDNet, check here for time, schedule and replays.
#10: MW GP Winner Poll Results
Jacare – 11
Sakuraba – 9
Mousasi – 7
Mayhem – 3
Dongbar – 2
Manhoef – 1
Galesic – 1
Kin Taiei – 0
#9: Fighter Weights
MW: Kazushi Sakuraba (83.6 kg) vs. Melvin Manhoef (84 kg)
MW: Ronaldo Jacare (83.9 kg) vs. Jason Miller (84 kg)
MW: Kin Taiei (84 kg) vs. Zelg Galesic (83.8 kg)
MW: Yoon Dong Sik (83.9 kg) vs. Gegard Mousasi (83.8 kg)
FW: Hideo Tokoro (62.9 kg) vs. Darren Uyenoyama (62.6 kg)
HW: Gadzhiev Alavutdin (89.5 kg) vs. Ralek Gracie (96 kg)
HW: Alistair Overeem (108.8 kg) vs. Lee Tae Hyun (126.7 kg)
LW: Shinya Aoki (69.7 kg) vs. Katsuhiko Nagata (69.8 kg)
- Lee Tae Hyun has dropped around 10 kg since his Pride debut (he has trained in Russia and Yoshida Dojo since then).
- The weightlimit for the DREAM Featherweight division is still not set (the fight on this card is at 63 kg).
- Ralek might get the takedown (which he needs to win) by being almost 7 kg larger.
#8: Press Conference
Sherdog has a video and an article from the press conference here.
#7: Lightweight GP Lottery
The lottery will be held after the fourth fight tommorrow. Kawajiri, Uno, Aoki/Nagata and a representative for Alvarez will stand in the ring and choose balls with numbers in them. The reason they will do this lottery is because the votes for semifinals on the DREAM website were very close.
#6: Pre-Dream Multimedia Part II
Kakutou Ou (Hand-To-Hand Fighting/Grappling King) is a Japanese TV program mostly about K-1 and DREAM. Here are the two latest episode which contained a lot of DREAM.4 previewing, they are worth watching even if you don’t know Japanese. I especially liked Tokoro’s segment on the June 3rd show and the Jacare/Mayhem preview on the June 10th show. Thanks to the original uploader.
#5: Fight Order
OLYMPIA DREAM.4 Middleweight GP 2008 2nd Round
Date: June 15th, 2008
Place: Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan
Middleweight GP 2nd Round Fights:
8. Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Melvin Manhoef
7. Ronaldo Jacare vs. Jason Miller
6. Kin Taiei vs. Zelg Galesic
5. Yoon Dong Sik vs. Gegard Mousasi
4. Hideo Tokoro vs. Darren Uyenoyama
3. Gadzhiev Alavutdin vs. Ralek Gracie
2. Alistair Overeem vs. Lee Tae Hyun
Lightweight GP 2nd Round Fight:
1. Shinya Aoki vs. Katsuhiko Nagata
#4: Gomi At Xtreme Couture
This isn’t DREAM.4 related but here is a video of Takanori Gomi training at Xtreme Couture that I posted about a while back.
#3: CroCop Responds
Mirko CroCop just responded to Overeem’s comments in the Sherdog article.
#2: Pre-Dream Multimedia Part I
Alistair Overeem says he will challenge Mirko CroCop in the ring after he wins on Sunday.
Jason “Mayhem” Miller thinks that Ronaldo Jacare is overhyped.
#1: Mayhem Preparing For Jacare
Jason “Mayhem” Miller has arrived in Japan and is preparing for his fight with Ronaldo Jacare (Jacare means alligator).
(Photos By: GBRing)