Final Preparations! Shooto 20th Anniversary
#8: Gomi: “Tomorrow will be a good day”
Takanori Gomi will return to the Shooto ring for the first time in 6 years tomorrow. A very confident Gomi, who confessed that his training for the latter half of 2008 was bad, said at the weigh-ins: “I’ll enjoy myself. Tomorrow will be a good day”.
#7: Photo – Fighters Gathered
#6: Nakakura: “If I lose I will relinquish my belt”
At the Shooto weigh-ins today Shooto Welterweight champion Takashi Nakakura said: “If I lose I will relinquish my belt”. Though his fight against Gomi isn’t an official title fight Nakakura feels inside that the belt is on the line in this fight.
#5: Weigh-In Results
9. Lion Takeshi (65kg) vs. Rumina Sato (65kg)
8. Takanori Gomi (69.9kg) vs. Takashi Nakakura (70kg)
7. Yusuke Endo (69.9kg) vs. Willamy Chiquerim (70kg)
6. Mitsuhiro Ishida (69.9kg) vs. Mizuto Hirota (70kg)
5. Kenichiro Togashi (69.7kg) vs. Tetsuji Kato (69.8kg)
4. Koutetsu Boku (70kg) vs. Yutaka Ueda (69.9kg)
3. Akiyo “Wicky” Nishiura (65kg) vs. Takumi Ota (64.8kg)
2. Megumi Fujii (52kg) vs. Choi Em Bun(?) (51.8kg)
1. Sol Kyung-Pyo(?) () vs. Takesuke Kume (77.6kg)
#4: Video – Gomi’s Opponent
Shooto Welterweight champion Takashi Nakakura, the opponent of Takanori Gomi, has said prior to the fight: “Gomi is this chapters last boss”. Does that mean that we will see him move on to bigger things after this? Or will Gomi crush those intentions?
In his last fight, Nakakura ended Bendy Casimir’s 12-fight winning streak. Watch the impressive performance here.
#3: Video – Gomi & Sato Sparring
Takanori Gomi and Rumina Sato sparring at Gomi’s RASCAL gym in preparation for their big fights tomorrow.
#2: Videos – Chiquerim’s 3 Latest Fights
#1: Fight Order Announced
Shooto Tradition: Road To 20th Anniversary Final
Date: May 10th, 2009
Place: Tokyo JCB Hall in Tokyo, Japan
Shooto Lightweight Title Fight (3×5):
9. Lion Takeshi vs. Rumina Sato
Normal Fights (3×5):
8. Takanori Gomi vs. Takashi Nakakura
7. Yusuke Endo vs. Willamy Chiquerim
6. Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Mizuto Hirota
5. Kenichiro Togashi vs. Tetsuji Kato
4. Koutetsu Boku vs. Yutaka Ueda
Normal Fights (2×5):
3. Akiyo “Wicky” Nishiura vs. Takumi Ota
2. Megumi Fujii vs. Choi Em Bun(?)
1. Sol Kyung-Pyo(?) vs. Takesuke Kume