Nico Nico Douga
Nico Nico Douga is a video sharing website in Japan.
Run Time Comments
What differentiates this site from sites such as youtube?
When you watch a video you might see some text flying across the screen, these are comments that viewers of the video have posted. When you post a comment it will show up at the time of posting in the video duration.
What is that good for?
For example, if you think about something while watching a certain part of a video it might be fun if someone has written a comment at that part that resembles your thought, or maybe someone sees something in the video that you didn’t think about while watching it.
Is there a list of a videos comments or do I have to watch the video to read them?
You can see a list of the comments and their appearance times in a big box to the right of the video (there might be some English ones in some videos).
How do I watch videos without comments?
Press the “Comment” button below the video, it should look like this after you’ve pressed it:
1. Go to https://secure.nicovideo.jp/secure/register?transition=common for the free registration.
2. Now you should have gotten to a page with some blank fields with Japanese characters written to the left of them.
3. Right of “PCメールアドレス” write your e-mail address.
4. Right of “ニックネーム” write your nickname (2-16 characters).
5. Right of “性別” press the left choice (男性) if you’re male and the right (女性) if you’re female.
6. Right of “生年月日” enter your birth date, Year/Month/Day.
7. Right of “お住まいの都道府県” choose the district you live in. If you don’t live in Japan choose your country.
8. Right of “パスワード” write the password you want (8-16 characters).
9. In the first field to the right of “秘密の質問・答え” write a question and in the second field the answer of that question. The question field can be 4-64 characters long and in the answer field you can type 1-16 characters.
Question: “Favorite fighter?”
Answer: “Shinya Aoki”
10. Now make sure that you have entered everything needed and press this black button at the bottom of the page:
11. Now (if you have done everything right) you should have gotten to a page that has all info you have entered listed, at the bottom of that page write the word that is in the image code box in the field to the right of it and then press the button directly under the field where you wrote the word.
12. When the next page has loaded check the inbox of the e-mail that you wrote during the registration process and open the mail sent by Nico Nico Douga. Inside the mail press the link that should be almost at the bottom of the mail (it was the only link in the mail for me) and your account will be activated. Now you’re done!
Post a comment if you have any questions.
You can search for videos with this field:
格闘技 (Combat Sports (MMA, K-1, etc.))
五味隆典 (Takanori Gomi)
Of course some videos in your search won’t be about the martial arts organization K-1 if your search was “K-1″ for example.